Hi There

Welcome to my Blog...
Always a 'Work in Progress'
Comments and Suggestions ALWAYS welcome.
I need your advice, insight and thoughts, PLEASE!
Love, Joanna

Earn rewards - MYPOINTS

JOIN mypoints and see what a valuable site it is! Take my word for it, I have been a member for just about 10 years now! http://www.mypoints.com

Search This Blog

Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2010

CHAPTER 4; MOM'S STORY; Scotty...

My Name Is Scotty

My name is Scotty and I am a stray cat. I guess I’m a stray cat. I didn’t want to be that and I certainly didn’t start off as a stray cat.

But my original owners said they had too many pets. So one day they took me for a long car ride and dropped me off at the corner!

I was so surprised and scared. So I ran and hid, ran and hid. Finally, when I couldn’t run anymore, I stopped. Tired, and in back of a house. I hid behind a blue flowering bush, hoping I was safe.

About that time, the back door opened and out stepped an older lady with a newspaper and a cup of ‘something’ in her hands. I watched, too tired to move.

“I see you there,” she said in a nice quiet voice. “You have such big, round eyes.” She immediately turned around and when she came back out again, she had a dish of kitty food and water.

I was hungry and thirsty and was anxious and scared at the same time. She put the food down and promptly sat on a chair to read her paper.

“That’s for you, Scotty,” she said. “I’ll call you Scotty because you have such big, round eyes. You look just like the little boy down the street.”

I couldn’t help myself. I went over and ate all the food and had some of the water too. When I was finished, I quickly hid behind the blue, flowered bush and washed my face.

She kept up a conversation all this time, telling me what she was reading. I was so tired, I had to close my eyes with her soothing voice making me feel safe.

Since that day, weeks ago… I sleep on a chair now with a blue pillow that the old lady put there just for me. I sleep at night in the shed where she fixed a box for me. It’s soft and warm and safe.

Sometimes when no one is around, I glance inside the house, but being here on the chair is good enough for now.

Every morning, the old lady comes out to sit in the sun and read the paper. There is a dog and other cats but all is well. I’m glad that I stopped to rest behind the blue, flowered bush.

I noticed that the other animals sit on her lap sometimes and someday I want to do that too. If only to say thank you. Maybe tomorrow.

By Sharon Welte

*NOTE by JOANNAJEAN; Here is the short story I said I would share with you. When I read it, i discovered a few hidden 'messages of wisdom.' I wonder if anyone else can notice it!

P.S. I have my ANGIOGRAM tomorrow. Not happy about it, don't want to do it. It's going to take all day AND hurt, but I don't have a choice, I HAVE to do it. So wish me luck. Thanks...

SIGNED;
JOANNAJEAN

P.S. http://www.tutormatch.com/tutors/5825/science.aspx

*above is a link for private and individual tutoring that I provide through tutormatch. I can pretty much help with any subject and any age, just look at my profile. thanks. I like to edit papers as well as tutor.
thanks!
JOANNAJEAN

No comments:

Post a Comment