Hi There

Welcome to my Blog...
Always a 'Work in Progress'
Comments and Suggestions ALWAYS welcome.
I need your advice, insight and thoughts, PLEASE!
Love, Joanna

Earn rewards - MYPOINTS

JOIN mypoints and see what a valuable site it is! Take my word for it, I have been a member for just about 10 years now! http://www.mypoints.com

Search This Blog

Pages

Monday, February 8, 2010

CH6-COMPLICATIONS & CIPRO

Chapter 6; The Day His Prozac Kicked In...
Complications

Well, if you remember, I had the ANGIOGRAM on Friday, and it was not very pleasant...

So i was a 'good girl' and limited my activity on Saturday, followed the directions and doctor's orders, and all that stuff.

But on Sunday morning I began to have symptoms of a bladder infection and I started to sob. Yes, it got worse and I knew I had to go to the clinic,

on a Sunday,
yes SUPERBOWL Sunday...

I knew I had to act fast, not only because of the pain, but because of the fact there would be the nurses and doctors in the lounge watching the GAME...

So I started sobbing again,

because of the pain,
because I was generally NOT feeling well,
and knowing I'd have to bug my parents to help me get to the clinic.

All for a prescription of CIPRO which is the only thing that seems to catch these awful bladder infections I get after I get home from the hospital.

I don't know if it is the stress from being in the hospital, or the invasive procedures, or what that causes the infections, but I knew it couldn't wait until Monday.

However, wait, yes wait I did, in the WAITING ROOM when my Mom dropped me off at the clinic.

I got there at 2pm, the waiting room was 75% full, I found out the SUPERBOWL began at 4pm, I was REALLY pressing my luck...

Lots of miserable and coughing children...lots of adults in pain...you know...all that...

Had to wait a while. My mom dropped me off. Couldn't get comfortable...Was in a lot of pain, my back hurt, my legs hurt (from the angiogram still), I had a migraine coming on...It all sucked.

The doctor was nice, I was CLUTCHING the old prescription bottle from the last time I had a bladder infection, the doctor heeded it and said he would fax a prescription for CIPRO over to the pharmacy, which closes at 6pm, and it was already 5pm, HUSTLE, HUSTLE, HUSTLE!

The game had started, I could hear it in the lounge marked 'PRIVATE.'

There was a problem at the pharmacy, the doctor forgot to fax in the 2nd prescription I needed, I forget the name.

My dad was sad, or tired, or mad...i couldn't tell. But he helped me anyway, thanks dad. He even went to the pharmacy for me.

At least it wasn't raining, like on FRIDAY when he helped with the ANGIOGRAM...

Thank god for CIPRO. I knew it would work very soon. I feel better now, Monday, but CIPRO is such a powerful medication, it just drains me, so I was sad a lot today, just because life doesn't seem to be going great for me right now...

Anyway, it makes me worry about the complications that may arise with my HEART SURGERY. I wish there was a way to just 'SWITCH' off the fear and worry, like a LIGHT SWITCH, and just do the surgery.

I don't have a choice anyway, it has to be done, I just wish all the worry and pain didn't have to go with it!

Anyway, I emailed T (my husband) about all this. No answer. That too makes me sad. I miss him and am in pain, and it seems like he just doesn't care. Maybe he doesn't. Yes, having that thought makes me sad.

Until next time...

JOANNAJEAN

No comments:

Post a Comment