Hi There

Welcome to my Blog...
Always a 'Work in Progress'
Comments and Suggestions ALWAYS welcome.
I need your advice, insight and thoughts, PLEASE!
Love, Joanna

Earn rewards - MYPOINTS

JOIN mypoints and see what a valuable site it is! Take my word for it, I have been a member for just about 10 years now! http://www.mypoints.com

Search This Blog

Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

ch21; ALONE; part III

Chapter 21; ALONE; part III

so i lay there for just a few minutes. they left, closed the curtain and i was trying to catch my breath and get in a comfortable position. but i wasn't comfortable. i had to get up, sit up. i'm not sure, i think i had to pee, or i felt uncomfortable because i was laying on a wrinkle or something, so...i had to figure this out...




'how am i going to move...how am i going to maneuver it so i can sit on the side of the bed?' so i just kind of slithered and stopped, slithered and stopped until i got into the position i wanted, sitting on the side of the bed. 'there, that feels a little better,' i thought in my head as i waited and caught my breath again...



the minute my body began to relax, just a little bit, is when more fluid leaked out...i expected it...it was very warm, but i knew it wasn't frank blood and that it wouldn't 'hurt' me or anything.



i couldn't see how much there was, because it was kinda leaking out of the corner of me, and i couldn't really bend my neck that way at the moment, but i could DEFINATELY feel it DRIPPING out of the dressing, which was starting to concern me because i was tired and i knew the dressing was going to have to be re-done and i really was tired...



but then i had to pee, and i was tired, so i stood up. there it was, the moment when i felt LIGHT and ALONE and UN-WORTHWHILE to the WORLD...



as i straightened up and turned on my tippy toe and heel toward the bathroom, i felt like half of my body just - warmly - slipped and fell out of me. i was and felt COMPLETELY HELPLESS as the fluid drenched my gown, it looked like diluted blood, which it pretty much was...



it dripped and as i turned, it even POURED, gushing even at a point, out of the wound on my lower left chest. it dripped and splattered on the floor, and i stepped a little away from the bed because i knew it would be easier for them to clean it up off the floor than off the bed linens.



i just sighed and let it happen. like i said, i was helpless, i had an IV going, i was weak, there wasn't much i could do, and it certainly wasn't my fault.



so i took a moment, one to catch my breath again, and two, to remember this moment and how i felt, how light and insignificant i felt. i let myself feel very very sorry for myself. looking back, i let myself feel quite pathetic for awhile, and didn't feel bad about it, it was a pathetic moment.

JOANNAJEAN
(part IV next...)

No comments:

Post a Comment