Hi There

Welcome to my Blog...
Always a 'Work in Progress'
Comments and Suggestions ALWAYS welcome.
I need your advice, insight and thoughts, PLEASE!
Love, Joanna

Earn rewards - MYPOINTS

JOIN mypoints and see what a valuable site it is! Take my word for it, I have been a member for just about 10 years now! http://www.mypoints.com

Search This Blog

Pages

Friday, October 8, 2010

Ch33October

The Day His Prozac Kicked In
Ch33
October
It's been awhile since I last wrote.  I guess that's because not that much has changed.

The divorce has gone legally final, but that holds no relief for me.

I've thought of 'letting go' with a little ceremony and a little prayer to myself, I never did it.

I still wake up sobbing and crying, saying 'I miss you!' 
or 'Tommy, you shouldn't have left me!'

Last time, I just cried in my sleep, 
I couldn't wake up from my dream.

I miss being loved.
I miss hearing you breathe.

I still wonder what it was that happened that one night when he came home at 4 a.m., looked me in the eye and said 'you and me, we aren't going to work out,'

I can kind of guess what happened,

but I never thought he'd abandon me
If u read my other posts, 
you know how terrified I was alone in the hospital
How I came home 2 weeks early because I couldn't be there anymore

but still at night I'm so sad
it's at night when I'm alone

and I don't have dreams about the birds getting loose from their cages, not so much that dream anymore

now it's his face, us on a ship, the two of us going somewhere
like the desert or the ocean, something like that

and we are lost together, wandering, searching,

and he's still not happy with me
but he's doing his 'searching' through the huge aisles of the supermarket or walmart or whatever

and i'm still trying desperately to keep up with him
but we are together 

for some reason it's that dream where i wake up

we are in a paradise, yet i still feel abandoned
and only want him to love me as our vows were written

i don't like being alone
it's scary

and i want to experience life with him again
not all alone

just still at night i am sad
and the past few days, sad and solemnly quiet,

i am happy to be seeing my niece tomorrow,
so sweet and happy and little
the whole world is exciting and fun!

yes, it is
until you've had it, shared it, and then he abandons you

i wish he hadn't left me
this wasn't the plan

we were supposed to have a baby too
and i was supposed to be a doctor
and everything was supposed to be happy

but something happened that night and he snapped

he didn't want me to be so dependent on him
he changed his mind
and left me

i feel like everything just stopped in May 2006

i remember that day, when we were moving

i couldn't stop throwing up
i think i threw up every day for like 8 or 9 months
that whole period

and that last night, I remember it was Feb 2nd, I had voted
I asked him about what the primaries were and he answered
even though he answered from far away
then he turned to go to sleep

and there was a moment and i knew
and my heart leaped and i gasped and grabbed my chest

i said to him
you're going to leave me, aren't you?

he just said,
'mmmm' like i was annoying him
'go to bed,' and he covered his head with the sheet

he knew it a lot sooner than i did

i thought he'd stick with me
someone who cared for him

unlike the evil i'd seen his family put upon him
I really loved him and appreciated his goodness
and his humor and his ease with other people

but he left me

the one who loved him most
the one who never really got a chance to appreciate him as much as i wanted

because school was always in the way

i sometimes say he loved me too much
he even said that to me once, in a song he heard, 
he said the lyrics were what he was feeling
and i understood
but i thought he was strong enough to handle it
and to not make me feel horrible for having a broken body
my poor body, i pushed and pushed it and it broke

and he knows it
and i know it

but that doesn't mean he chose the right solution!
NO!  IT WAS WRONG!


and he made it worse

it would have just taken a few words
a few sentences and a hug of understanding
like
'everything's going to be ok,' and
'i'll always love you, Joanna,'
yes
that would have simply cured everything
simple as that!
to know he understood and I was trying my hardest
and just wanted him to love me and accept me for what i could do

then i could love and accept myself for what i could do
and everything would be just fine

that's all it would have took

instead he made it worse and made me sicker
telling me i was pretending, ignoring my pain and leaving when i was crying my eyes out, pleading with my whole SOUL for his comfort!
but - he would just leave!

and all i needed was a simple hug

and i would have felt totally better
why couldn't he do that?

why did he have to poison instead of heal?

why did he hurt and push me away 
instead of help me and accept me?

it would have stopped the grief

i don't want to love anyone but him

i chose to be with him for 'the long haul'
that was a long time ago, when i still had my mazda, and we were looking at the stars thru the sunroof
and i was cool with it, and went with it, I made a commitment then

I didn't have any doubts
i didn't know he had doubts

he made a mistake

and i still have hope he'll change his mind
because i think it would still only take those few words 
and a real hug to make it all ok again

but he won't do it

so i suffer every night
and in my dreams while I sleep...
 
and all i wanted is what he gave me,
but then decided to take away from me-
his love for me
and his promises of love to me 
that we could share our lives together as one

we were on the same wavelength
we could talk without speaking

it was really cool

depeche mode has a song about it
and it's true
it's like speaking ruins the clarity
and i think it's still there - that connection between us


but i don't get a hug or a kiss goodbye
i don't get to hear his voice or know if he's ok
i just am alone at night

he gave up

he didn't believe that the connection was that strong!
he was the weak one when I always thought it was ME!

now I sob every night in my dreams 
because you gave up, Tom!  
Every night I suffer and cry
because you gave up, Tom!


you shouldn't have left me, Tom
it isn't right!

you shouldn't have left me!

i needed u in that hospital, i was alone and scared
i knew u wouldn't come to hold my hand
i was alone and helpless, 
and I knew no one would come to help me

all i needed was for u to hold my hand
give me some strength and courage

and you knew it!
you KNEW that is all I needed

but u left me alone and scared anyway! 
it hurts 
and that's why i still sob at night in my sleep
every night

just make things right, Tom

make things right so we can live our lives together again
like it was supposed to be

i love you
i miss you

i wasn't horrible

thinks could be ok

i just needed to hear it from you
and you needed to hear it from me...

"IT'S GOING TO BE OK"


i still need you, Tom
and i can't let u go
and i will never be able to

i love you

i may live,

who knows, maybe the rest of my life without you

but it won't be the same

i'll know it's not the way it's supposed to be

we are supposed to be together

it's just not right
i think u know it too

i wish i could see u again, 
hold your hand
hug you
feel your love and your strength
that's the way it's supposed to be

i love you Tom
don't do this

I'm tired of being alone
I'm tired of crying for you every night

i need you
i miss you
i love you

it's too lonely without you
please realize this and come back to me, Tom!

it's just not fair!

I love you
I miss you!
I can't let you go
and i won't

Please, don't make me live the rest of my life without you!
what bitter torment!


JOANNA JEAN






 







1 comment:

  1. "and i think it's still there - that connection between us"

    Wake up girl.

    ReplyDelete